Hello from the Center for Career Development!
We want you to know that while you are studying and engaging with the University from a distance, we are here to support you! Whether through our website or a phone appointment, we want to make sure that you are comfortable and confident in your career path during this unprecedented time.
To schedule a meeting with a career coach, simply log into Handshake at scranton.joinhandshake.com and select "Appointments." Choose a time that works best for you and a career coach will contact you.
You can reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (570)-941-7640 to leave a message.
Think of this time as an opportunity -- you have some extra time to dedicate yourself to your career success! There are many things you can do during this time to be proactive:
- Prepare or update your resume. You can use jobhero.com for some creative ways to write the bullets describing your jobs from a skills perspective. You can also utilize the Resume Writing Guide on our website.
- Don’t neglect your cover letter! Use the Cover Letter Writing Guide on our website.
- You can schedule a video call for mock interviews and/or use Big Interview.
- Use Scranton Connections to build your professional network. You can connect with Scranton alumni who are waiting to help answer questions and guide you on your career journey!
- Set up a LinkedIn profile. We are here to help with that too! LinkedIn University for Students is also a great online resource to get you started, or take a look at the LinkedIn Profile Checklist.
- If you are undecided or thinking of changing your major, set up an appointment and we can coach you while providing resources to help in the decision-making process.
- Check out job and internship opportunities on Handshake, LinkedIn, and Indeed in addition to specific company websites.
- If you are applying to graduate or professional school and would like help with your personal statement, or if you have questions, let us know.
- If you are doing an unpaid internship this summer and need funding, apply for the Royal Experience Summer Internship Program. Applications are on our website. They are due on May 1.
- Join us for a Virtual Career Expo! We will forward information as it is available.
We're here for you and we'll get through this time as our community does...TOGETHER AS ROYALS!
Your Career Team
- Handshake - Use this career services platform to find jobs and internships.
- VAULT.com ... Vault into your career ... Great resource for all career planning purposes ... Check it out!
- Big Interview - (Recommended Browser: Google Chrome) Use Big Interview to practice your interview skills, whether you’re interviewing for a job or graduate school. Instructions for the use of Big Interview